University Graduate Pathways
We’ve developed a number of avenues for university undergraduates and recent graduates to join Ampcontrol at different stages of their studies.
Work Integrated Learning
This program allows students to complete industrial experience or work-integrated learning with Ampcontrol while studying, providing them with a solid foundation for entering the workforce.
100-hour commitment either on agreed days per week or as a block.
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) combines academic learning of a discipline with its practical application in the workplace. Our program allows university students the opportunity to integrate their formal studies with work-related activities, offering them hands-on experience in their area of interest at Ampcontrol.
We provide work integrated learning opportunities for:
- Marketing and Communications (including Business)
- Accounting/Finance (including Commerce)
- Information Technology (including Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science and Data Analytics)
- Human Resources.
Students pursuing an Engineering degree at university are able to complete their required placement at Ampcontrol, enabling them to gain practical experience in the energy sector.
10 to 12 weeks.
While students complete an unpaid placement with our business, we follow them in their journey to see if there are any future employment opportunities we could offer them. These opportunities are offered on a casual basis while still studying or in graduate positions.
We provide industrial placement opportunities for:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Renewable Engineering.
The Graduate Pathway is a workforce solution that complements traditional recruitment and other development pathways to deliver appropriately skilled and qualified professionals into Ampcontrol.
Full-time permanent opportunity.
Graduates are recruited into a business unit and will be given the opportunity to develop into Ampcontrol. We offer them the support to achieve all graduate competencies by the end of the year.
Our Graduate Pathways are available across all of our business units, including:
- Marketing & Communications
- Accounting/Finance Information
- Technology (Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science, Data Analytics)
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Human Resources.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide Ampcontrol with graduate-level positions, with the expectation of producing employees capable of advancement to senior and leadership positions.
Two years, including multiple placements.
Our Graduate Program allows graduates to accelerate their experience in their chosen field of interest through mentoring and guidance. This provides them with a host of benefits, including:
- Enhanced technical, personal and professional development through targeted assignments
- Periodic placements provide strong foundation skills and exposure to a broad section of engineering activities, and various roles and responsibilities
- Mentoring and guidance facilitated by professional engineers
- Participation in Engineers Australia’s Professional Development Program leads to attainment of chartered status.
We have opportunities available across all business units, allowing graduates to progress in their career towards senior roles.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about our Graduate Pathways and would like to know more, our Recruitment Team is happy to help.